[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
VilloFetch Forum • View topic - Travian killed VilloFetch today?

Travian killed VilloFetch today?

Travian killed VilloFetch today?

Postby xtian » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:21 pm

xtian
Site Admin

Re: Travian killed VilloFetch today?

Postby destroyerkk » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:32 am

See this was the only site which I could use from school to play travian. I cannot afford to have internet at home and if this site is blocked then I have to say bye bye to travian forever.

Probably if u can help change IP and change contents like multi etc and put up a fresh site with fresh IP and name that will be great.

Sincerely and eagerly waiting for your response
destroyerkk

Postby BrainSlayer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Any chance of releasing the source code?

I'd like to look at the possibility of setting up a proxy for me and a few friends.
BrainSlayer

Postby xtian » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:24 pm

xtian
Site Admin

Postby xtian » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:26 pm

xtian
Site Admin

Postby mixmax99 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:04 am

I think would be good to release it as open source project. There are lot of small features we can add contributing to the project. In alternative you can sell it as a product, in this way we can install it on our own servers and will be more difficult for travian to block it.
mixmax99

Postby xtian » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:01 am

Releasing as open source will take some time: the code needs cleaning up, the deploy process needs to be simplified, I need to write some instructions. If I released it now, I'd be flooded by help requests :mrgreen:

In the meantime, I've decided to install a temporary server. See the "Addresses" page here: It will be available by the end of the month and it will be by subscription.
xtian
Site Admin

Postby justme » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:18 pm

I use the proxy to access travian from work. I don't care about bots or multiaccounting, as that's just not how I enjoy my game. It really upsets me that they've blocked villofetch, and they'll be getting a letter from me. They can combat bots on the player end without having to block the proxy.
Arrrrgh! Stuck at work for 12 hours without travian?! What will I do with myself? Work?

I'll be signing up for the alternate address later today. Whether it works or not, I figure you deserve a return on your investment in the new server, as I've been using your free products for over six months.

Thanks for your proxy, and I hope the alternate address option stays valid for years to come.

On a side note, I would be willing to pay $30 a year for alternate access to travian. I easily drop that in a month or two on the game itself. I figure the only other alternative would be a smart phone and the phone + service would cost far more each month, than a small one time fee to villofetch. I would not want to pay the $30 outright though. I could commit $5 every two months as long as the site performed it's intended purpose.

I've read over a few of the discussions about paying for the secret address. Might it be possible to work it so that each secret domain does not access more than one account per server and cut out the botting feature altogether? I am on a .us server and I noticed that several other users are on .it, .in, and others. Combined, few of the posters appear interested in the same server.
This might be most acceptable to the travian admins and cut down on obvious multiaccount issues they might have.
justme

Postby xtian » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:49 pm

xtian
Site Admin

Postby whamra1987 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:23 am

whamra1987

Next

Return to Announcements